Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Back to Whanganui

Well, after a lovely Christmas with the family yesterday, things are starting to get real. 

After repacking my pack for the final time, Paul dropped me off to the airport for my 11:45 flight to Whanganui. 

One hour before leaving for the airport. Rocco, what have I forgotten?

Bye Paul, missing you already. See you next year!

A few hours and a minor flight delay later, and I was back in Whanganui. I’m staying tonight with Janet and Bryon again, along with Celia who’s been visiting over Christmas. This is where I stayed after finishing up the last leg of my hike almost a year ago. It’s hard to believe a year has passed since then.
 
With Celia and Janet. Bryon is hiding from the camera

They’ve picked me up from the airport, fed me, taken me on a drive around town, fed me again - and Celia and Janet even sewed up the holes in my hiking shorts. That’s going above and beyond - thank you so much!

And here I am now, in bed, only one sleep away from starting the big hike. I’m still feeling rather apprehensive about what’s ahead - but hopefully I’ll get my TA mojo back once I’m on the road tomorrow. I hope I sleep. Night all!


No comments:

Post a Comment