Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Chilling in Welly

My roommate arrived at 2am, off the last flight from Oz. She left at 6am, on the first flight for Nelson. Despite that, I had a good sleep.

Wellington is a great city. The air felt fresher and the colours brighter than normal - but that was more about me today than Wellington, I think. I spent the morning just meandering around - it’s good to not be following a route, or carrying a pack. I had a coffee on Courtenay Place and worked on my blog; looked for a place to dispose of my gas canister; browsed the books at Arty Bees; checked out Cuba Mall. But really, there are only three things I have to do today.

Beer #1: Rogue & Vagabond. Cheers, TA.

Beer #2: Little Beer Quarter. Thanks, TA.

Beer #3: Hashigo Zake. Goodbye, TA.

It’s hard to believe that tomorrow I’ll be on the plane back home to the real world. Today has been very laid back and a bit surreal, and I still need a bit more time to process things, I think. I’ll do a final post in a couple of days, with my final reflections on my Te Araroa experience. For now, I’ll just enjoy my last beer of the TA. Cheers! 🍻

5 comments:

  1. Well done, a refreshing beer or 3 to celebrate a significant achievement. Looking forward to collecting you from the airport tomorrow xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 👍🍻🥳😎♥️🙌

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Finished the daily slog and now time for yourself. Well done, Simon. Xx Mum & co

    ReplyDelete