Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas Day! And my final day before setting off tomorrow. 

It's hard to believe that exactly 1 year ago I was spending Christmas Day sitting in a backpacker's lodge in Kerikeri feeling sorry for myself 😭. This time it was lovely to be able to spend Christmas afternoon with the family instead.

Mum, Paul, me, Dad, Havana, Kim...

...and Wayne, Jacob and Max. Shoutout to Julie, Jel and Harry down in Ohaupo!

So this will be my last glass of bubbles, good food and soft bed for a while. Strangely, it really doesn't feel like tomorrow I'll actually be starting my hike. I'm still feeling vaguely nervous, but there's nothing more I can do at this stage, apart from enjoy my last few hours with Paul and Rocco, and get a good night's sleep.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment