Friday, December 25, 2020

Day 11: Christmas Day in Kerikeri

A lovely day off!  

I didn’t venture out of the backpackers at all. I slept in, dried my gear, did some planning for the days ahead, and finally made proper blog updates for the last few days (updating via Safari on the phone is very fiddly, but I’m getting used to it).

My 10am pic: mooching in my dorm room, updating my blog.

Merry Christmas to me! The tin of biscuits was my Hone Heke Xmas present from last night 😁.

Most of all I was hanging out to see my family. The Henley clan was gathering at my sister Julie’s place for Christmas lunch today, and Paul arranged to FaceTime me from there. It was so lovely to see and chat to everyone, I’m missing you all!

Tomorrow I’ll be off to Paihia. But until then, merry Christmas everyone!




2 comments:

  1. Nice to face time today. I know the family were pleased to see you. Hope the rest of your Xmas day went well. Talk tomorrow once I arrive in Napier. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Simon. Great to see you so bright and cheerful after such a long slog to Kerikeri. Everyone sends their love - and admiration of the challenge you've set yourself. Xx

    ReplyDelete